Friday, July 1, 2011

Its been awhile

So Sorry its been a long time! I have menu plans and thankful Wednesdays to catch up on. If you are wondering where I have been, I will tell you!  Busy, I've been busy!  A few months ago, I decided to try selling my bread and freshly ground flour at a local farmers market. So every Tuesday morning, I get up very early and bake lots and lots of bread, and grind lots and lots of flour ( some of it I sprouted through the week )  and bring it all to market. Its been fun, but Its been a lot of work too! I had no idea what went into a Farmers market. Some of my fellow vendors have a market every day of the week, and they make their living this way.  I have really enjoyed talking to people, vendors and customers. Its really a good outlet for me to share my passion for real food. I have even been asked to come and speak at a health club about sprouted and freshly ground flour! Here are some pictures of the market.  These were taken the first week, and I only had one table, now I have two tables, because I quickly learned that I needed a second table. This Tuesday will be my fourth week. Also after my market pictures, I am posting some random garden pictures!  I am so thankful to be able to grow some of our food!  Thought you would like to see how its going!

 Check out my nice signs



And now here are some random garden pictures


Carrots


Onions


Broccoli  


Cabbage



Peppers


Cucumbers


Tomatoes


The planter I put together for our front porch
Isn't it pretty!


More front porch plants


A little wounded bird Kyle found in our yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment