Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I love Trader Joes

I really love Trader Joe's!  Our family took a little drive this evening and made our way out to Trader Joe's. Its always a big treat for me to go to Trader Joe's  Do you want to see what I got?... Yea I knew you would!

String cheese, is kinda a treat. I usually don't buy this for the kids because the organic string cheese is so expensive, and I don't like the conventional string cheese. This is not organic, but it was made from milk that contains no hormones or antibiotics. Its a good compromise, and it was a great price! 

The Organic frozen strawberries from Kroger are $3.69 for 10 oz 
at Trader Joe's  12 oz of organic frozen strawberries is $1.99
I use them in our smoothies which we have all the time, saving big bucks! 
Trader Joe's has the best all natural dish washing powder!  It works better for me than the more expensive brands.  Its phosphate free, chlorine free, and biodegradable. What does all that mean to me? It does not leave poison all over the dishes that my beautiful children eat off of.
I have never tried their mayonnaise, but it was a better price then the mayo I usually get. All natural beef hotdogs, with no nitrates, hormones or antibiotics, cheese, and yes in the very back vanilla meringues. 
 Applegate farms makes an all natural lunch meat, no nitrates, hormones or antibiotics. It is so much less at Trader Joe's then Whole Foods! 

I usually order raisins in bulk from my coop, but I am running low, and again great price. 
 Potato tots,  or tater tots what ever you call them they go great with scrambled eggs for a quick lunch or breakfast!

With Trader Joe's being about and hours drive from my home, I just don't get there as much as I want to, but it is so much fun to get to go!  I love it! Thought you just might want to hear about it! 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Katie,
    You may not remember me, but I was a good friend of Lindsay Cavagnaro's - Jennifer Miller (now Smith!) Your blog is great. I wanted to comment and ask if you've ever tried making your own mayonnaise from scratch? It's on my list of to-do's. It's looks very easy, although I'm not sure about shelf life.

    You can see my website (also food-focused!) at http://www.jenelisebeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    Of course I remember you, I have thought of you often. I will check out your blog. I am so new to blogging, I really have no idea what I am doing. I need to update mine a bit. I do enjoy it and am having fun with it when I find the time. I do have a good mayonnaise recipe, My family really likes, I don't always get around to making it, and because it has no real preservatives, it does not last long. I have put whey in it which does preserve it for awhile, but not like store bought! I would be happy to give you my recipe, or even do a post about it. Really nice to talk to you, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete