Monday, December 26, 2011

Almond Flour Cranberry Orange Scones



Being on a restricted diet is really hard, but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve. I am not eating any grain right now, so when I want something that is bread like, I have turned to coconut or almond flour. Almond flour really makes a great bread product. In fact my husband has a hard time telling the difference. So I thought that I would share some of the recipes that I come up with in case you want to give them a try.  If you want to know where to get some of the ingredients I use check out my resource page.


3 c. blanched almond flour
1/4 t. sea salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 c coconut oil or melted butter
1/4 c honey
3 large eggs
1/2 c dried cranberries
1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
zest of one orange

Preheat the oven to 350
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, orange zest.
In a separate bowl, combing eggs, honey, oil, orange juice
combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well, add cranberries and mix well.
Scoop scant 1/4 c, 2 inches apart on baking sheet.  Bake 10 - 15 min.  until golden brown.
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Katie these look SOOOO GOOD! and I'm excited. I've been doing allllll almond or soy or rice flours.
    have you read anything on Candida/yeast overgrowth? i think i have/had a systemic infection of an overgrowth and boy o boy are the symptoms crazy and strangely related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is Great Julie! Your blog looks fun, I will start following you! Anyway Almond and coconut flours are my favorite to work with. I feel that the starch found in rice flour would feed any kind of candida overgrowth, and I hate to say it, because its already hard enough being on a restricted diet, but I am against any soy flour, or soy in any form! Soy really brings a lot of problems that you don't want, and can be really harsh for your digestive system. I would love to talk food with you anytime!

    ReplyDelete