Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thank You

 A guest post written by my husband Eric :

Hello,

Katie and I would like to say thank you to our friends and family for your thoughts and prayers over the last week. While the losing of our baby has brought moments of sadness over the week, it has not stolen our joy. We have realized the sufficiency of God's grace this past week. Because of your thought and prayers, we have had a peace and knowing our baby is with the Lord. Glory to God!

In the weeks after knowing Katie was pregnant, the Holy Spirit spoke to me regarding the baby's name. Katie also was spoken to regarding the baby. Now, we are left wondering, questioning why. I cling to my inability to understand God's ways. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”  declares the LORD (Isaiah 55:8). While we don't understand why we lost our baby, we do not question the goodness of God. We do not give credit to God for the loss of our baby. Satan gets the credit for that. Children are a blessing from the Lord. I know he would not take it away!

While disappointed in the flesh, we rejoice in the spirit. I have a friend who says, "God is good all the time!"  And it's true...despite our circumstances God is good all the time.

Eric and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment